This post contains affiliate links to products I recommend. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost you. You can find the full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
What’s In Vegan Lip Balm?
- Coconut oil– Keeps skin moisturized and helps heal wounds (like chapped or cracked lips.)
- Shea Butter– Anti-inflammatory, healing and skin softening properties.
- Candelilla Wax– Skin protective barrier agent that locks in moisture.
Here’s How To Make Homemade Vegan Lip Balm:Start by adding all 3 ingredients to a microwave safe container (like a glass measuring cup) and heating either in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time or in a double boiler on the stove. Once everything is completely melted (it will be clear with no flecks), add the essential oil if using and carefully pour into lip balm tubes and let them harden.
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp shea butter
- 1/2 tbsp candelilla wax
- 3-5 drops essential oil (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a glass jar. Melt by double boiling or placing in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Once melted, stir and add essential oils of your choice.
- Carefully pour into lip balm tubes.
- Let them harden, use as needed!
If you'd like a scent, add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice. Some ideas would be peppermint, vanilla, orange.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.